If you get this error on Windows Defender, it means that the service couldn’t be started. You might have a problem with your antivirus or firewall software.
The the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled 0x80070422 is a Windows Defender error. This error can be caused by several reasons, but the most common are system errors or antivirus software.
Update: Use our optimization tool to stop receiving error messages and slowing down your machine. Click here to get it right now.
Windows Defender may fail to start automatically due to a damaged system file, resulting in the following error message:
The Windows Defender Service was unable to start. The resource you requested is already in use. 0x800700aa is the error code.
A manual launch has no impact as well. To repair Windows Defender issue 0x800700aa, follow the instructions below.
What causes the 0x800700AA error in Windows Defender?
Damaged system files: This may happen to both system files and installed programs. Conflicts occur that prohibit us from utilizing or simply launching programs properly, such as the Windows Defender error 0x800700aa.
Conflict with another antivirus software: A conflict with another antivirus program is another issue that may arise. Is there any other antivirus software installed than Windows Defender? If we have Avast, Bitdefender, or another software on our team, for example, this may create issues.
Update issue: The device may be switched off or the Internet connection may be disrupted for a brief period. As a result, the update will fail to finish, and we will experience these issues.
How can I solve the 0x800700AA issue in Windows Defender?
Updated in October 2021:
You may now use this program to avoid PC issues such as file loss and viruses by utilizing it. It’s also a fantastic method to get the most out of your computer’s performance. The application easily resolves common Windows system problems – no need to spend hours debugging when you have the correct answer right at your fingertips:
- Step 1: Get the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Microsoft Gold Certified for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that may be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To correct all problems, click “Repair All.”
Scanning using SFC and DISM
- To begin, hit the Windows + R keys to bring up the “Run” dialog box.
- To launch the command prompt with administrator access, enter “cmd” in the text box in the Run window, then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- To start the DISM scan, enter the following command and hit Enter if you’re in the expanded CMD window: Dismexe /clean-image /scanhealth /online Dism.exe /clean-image /restorehealth /online
- After the first scan is completed, restart the computer.
- Follow the steps in step 1 to open another High CMD window after restarting the machine.
- To initiate the SFC scan, enter the following command and press Enter: sfc /scannow.
- Restart your computer once the second scan is completed to ensure that the issue has been resolved the next time you turn it on.
Safe Mode: Enabling Windows Defender
Some customers who are getting the same 0x800700aa error (when launching the system or utility) have found that booting into safe mode and activating the security package, which prevents the system from executing third-party processes and services, may fix the issue.
When you boot into safe mode, Windows loads just the most essential programs – autoexec.bat, config.sys, most drivers, special graphics drivers, third-party processes, and so on are not loaded. Repeat the activity that generated error 0x800700aa after successfully booting into safe mode and see whether the issue has been fixed.
RECOMMENDED: To fix Windows problems and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
- Real-time protection should be enabled.
- Make use of expert security software.
- Your proxy server should be changed.
- Third-party antivirus applications should be turned off.
- Perform an SFC scan.
- DISM should be run.
- The Security Center service should be reset.
- Press Win+X on the desktop and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
- When the User Account Control (UAC) question displays, choose Yes.
- Type SFC /scannow when the flashing cursor appears.
- Enter the code.
- The Windows System File Checker (SFC) is launched and verifies the integrity of Windows system files.
When Windows detects the existence of another antivirus software, it disables Windows Defender. As a result, before manually activating it, check sure there are no competing applications and that the system is not contaminated.
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Select Add or Remove Programs from the drop-down menu.
- Then, under Windows Defender, choose Uninstall.
The the specified service does not exist as an installed service windows defender is a common error that can be caused by many different things. Here are some troubleshooting steps to try and fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix the service couldnt be started?
If you are having trouble starting the game, please try restarting your PlayStation 4.
How do I fix Windows Defender error?
The Windows Defender is a security program that protects your computer from viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. You can disable it temporarily to fix the issue.
How do I fix Windows Defender not turning on?
Windows Defender is a security software that protects your computer from malicious attacks. To fix this, you need to make sure you have the latest version installed. You can find out how to do this by going here.
- windows could not start the windows defender service on local computer error 2
- unable to start windows defender advanced threat protection service
- windows firewall can t change some of your settings error code 0x80070422
- windows defender failed to read description error code 1814
- windows defender firewall can t change some of your settings